Sunday, August 17, 2014

Purple Lipstick Swatch Fest!!!!

So I have been obsessed with purple lipsticks ever since the MAC Punk Couture collection. Here are some of my favorite purple lipsticks. As you can see some of these are not as purple as I would like, but I added them anyway.




Top Row Left to Right
Nyx Violet: My favorite purple shade, super creamy and affordable!
Nyx Lavender: Also very beautiful and a true lavender shade
Impulse Cosmetics Psychedelic: For some reason this goes on patchy for me. It is pretty though with some work.
Impulse Space Cadet: True light lavender, not as creamy as Nyx but still pretty. 
MBA Exotic Orchid
MBA Paranormal: pretty although their packaging can improve. 
Revlon Shameless: This swatched much more pink than it looks on the lips for some reason.
Mad Goddess of the Sea: Also swatched more pink. 
MAC Heroine: Gorgeous matte MAC staple. Perfect with NYX Purple Rain liner or Nightmoth for an ombre look. 
MAC Dodgy Girl: I bought this thinking I was going to get a true lavender like NYX. It is a bit more pink than I would have liked, but still very pretty. 

Bottom Row:
Revlon Midnight Plum: This was a limited edition shade that reminds me a lot of Punk Couture. It is a bit patchy and hard to work with so I would suggest using with a liner like nightmoth and applying with exfoliated moisturized lips with a brush.
MAC Up the Amp: Another MAC staple. Creamy, mauvy medium plum. 
MAC Instigator: This is more of a plum/berry shade but it is a gorgeous matte shade. Also LE.
Revlon Va Va Voom: Dark plum color that is great for that vampy/goth look. 
OCC Technopagan: This is actually more blue when layered, but if kept thin it is a gorgeous purple shade on the lips. The metallic sheen makes it super unique.
OCC Pagan: Dark, vampy true purple. I would also suggest exfoliating and moisturizing before this one.
OCC Rollergirl: Bright, medium true matte purple. I love this lipstick. 
Kat Von D Poe: This is from her new studded kiss collection of lipsticks. It is described as a navy blue but in some lights because of the purple sheen it can look purple. It is very unique and beautiful. Also can be patchy.
Kat Von D Wonderchild: Metallic pinky purple with blue metallic sheen.

No comments:

Post a Comment